CC & Co. Covid-19 Safety Practices & Policies for Reopening
We are SO excited to host you for summer programs and have prepared the following information to help you have a happy, healthy, and safe return to classes. Please review before your first class for the smoothest transition back to classes. We look forward to seeing you soon!!
CC & Co. is a SAFER STUDIO TM & Count on Me NC certified
- CC & Co. follows the More Than Just Great Dancing!® Safer Studio Guidelines, along with Count on Me NC guidance which prioritizes a hierarchy of safety and wellness measures including:
- Wellness checks for staff
- Frequent hand hygiene
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Minimizing mixing and mingling via physical distancing practices
- Curricular and facility adjustments
- Gradual re-opening and continuous parent communications.
• Please see below for the specific way CC & Co. is applying these guidelines to our Summer Reopening.
Wellness Checks for Staff & Clients
- CC & Co. is a Youth Protection Advocates in Dance® Certified Studio. Additionally, all teachers and staff members will receive regular and continuing safety training as it relates to preventing community spread of COVID-19.
- All staff members are wellness checked before their shift.
- Parents are asked to not send their children to class if they, or a member of their household, have a fever or respiratory symptoms.
- Parents are asked to not send their children to class if they, or a member of their household, have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Frequent Hand Hygiene
- Employees will wash their hands and/or sanitize before and after each class.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the studio, including inside of all CC & Co. entry doors, inside of every classroom, and at our check-in stations. Students will be encouraged to wash hands and/or sanitize before and after classes.
- Hand-washing posters are posted within bathrooms and classrooms.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- We have increased our cleaning frequencies and sanitation procedures in high traffic areas and high touch surfaces of the studio such as doors, viewing windows, barres, floors, counters, stereos, and bathrooms.
Minimized Mixing and Mingling
- We have made facility, scheduling, and curricular changes to reduce mixing and mingling in support of physical distancing recommendations. However, we understand that unlike older children and adults, young children cannot be expected to maintain Physical distancing at all times.
Facility & Curricular Adjustments
- All lobby waiting areas, dressing rooms, CC’s Closet, staff lounge, etc will be closed unless specified.
- Please bring clearly labeled water bottles. Drinking fountains and the vending machine will not be available.
- Dancers will bring all dance bags into the studio for changing shoes. Dressing rooms will be closed. Bathrooms will be available for toileting only, but not for changing clothes. Dancers should come dressed for class.
- No food will be allowed in the studio.
- Curricular adjustments have been made to eliminate prop use and hand-holding and to reduce mixing and mingling in the classroom.
- Class sizes have been modified to reflect current recommendations of no more than 12 dance students per teacher, acro students will be limited to a max of 5 per teacher.
- Each studio has a square grid for dancers to have their own personal space while dancing. All spots are 6-feet apart on all sides.
- Classes will refrain from high fives, hugs, fist bumps, stickers, and stamps.
- Classrooms will have staggered dismissal (3-5 minutes) to allow for student transitions.
Gradual Re-Opening & Continuous Parent Communication
- We are gradually reopening with some of our classes remaining online and some of our classes being held in the studios.
- We will continue to provide weekly updates each Friday at 5:00 pm.
Arrival & Departure
- All dancers will use the Home Depot entrance ramp for all arrivals and must be checked in prior to entering the building. At this time, we ask that parents wait in their cars or outside during classes to help with physical distancing in the building.
- All staff will enter using the front entrance by Zest/Milton’s.
- Dancers should arrive with their dance clothes for class on.
- Please limit parent drop off to one person whenever possible. Sibling visitors cannot be accommodated during this term.
- All dancers will exit using your studio’s designated exit and proceed to the Parent Waiting Area on the back patio by the Home Depot/CC & Co. fence/railing. Parents will be asked to wait at the Parent Waiting Area on their designated number assigned at check-in for kids to be released. At the end of class, parents must be in the designated Parent Waiting Area to receive their child. Dancers cannot walk across/through the parking lot to go to their parents for safety reasons.
- We encourage all students to use the restroom at home before coming to class.
- Bathrooms will be limited for emergencies and will be cleaned frequently
- Bathroom facility use will be limited to each studio’s designated bathroom.
- Our employees will be wearing masks while at the studio, including while teaching.
- Mask wearing for students and parents is required.
- CC & Co. Policies & Procedures for Dancers & Parents for September
- Current Friday Update as of September 24th 2020
- CC & Co. Covid-19 Protocol